Tuesday 27 October 2009

My 5 Top Resources!!!!!!!

Ok well here are some of my top resources that I find help me when either wanting to find information on audition's like where, when what kind of audition it is and what time it is or where I can find research information on the Performing Arts Sector.


My First Resource:


The Stage

The Stage is newspaper and also has a website that keeps you up to date with what is going on within the Performing Art's world. It gives you information on what kind of job or audition is being held and the kind of experience they are looking for it let's you know where these job's/ audition's are being held. You subscribe to The Stage, this makes it much easier keeping tab's on it as you know each week it will be sent to you so you do not miss out on the great opportunities being advertised. 


My Second Resource:


You Tube

You Tube for me is very useful when wanting to get inspired about perhaps composing a piece of music or wanting to choreograph a dance. I say this because on You Tube, you can search for video's on any topic,you click on what you want and can watch the video as many times as you like. It gives you a sense of what is going on in the Dance profession for instance and can give you many links/video's  to the subject you are interested in by recognizing what you are into by the kind of video's you are searching for, so for me when wanting to get motivated or inspired I am always on youtube to help me with  idea's.

My Third Resource:

Pineapple Studio's

Pineapple Studio's is a very well known place where you can keep up with your training for you specific Art such as Dance, I have been to Pineapple quite a few times and found it a really enjoyable experience not only was I able to keep my stamina up by doing the class but I did make a lot of useful friends who have the same interest as me and who would let me know when auditions where etc. I found that Pineapple Studio's can cater for every interest when it come to the Arts and you do no need to sign up for a membership as they do drop in classes which I find very useful indeed as it will not break my bank balance, the classes are quite cheap too being £6.00 a class which is not very much for something you feel passionate about, I think if you are looking to improve in certain area's for Performing Art's then Pineapple Studio's is the place to be.

My Fourth Resource:


Google

Google is a very powerful search engine and can let you search anything you want literally. It gives you all the websites and links that might have the information you are looking for, even if you type in a question/query Google would somehow be able to answer you or direct you to another link etc. I find Google useful when I am looking for a Dance class to go for and it gives me a list of all the types of Dance classes' running for the time I want or perhaps the area I am all depending on what I type into Google. You can practically get anything you want off Google from Images to Maps to News and even Shopping, so whatever you are looking for I am confident that Google would be able to help you.

My Fifth Resource:

Facebook

Yes like everyone else I have succumbed to the Facebook World, I find it amazing how a social networking site such as this has become so big in society and how it has become a part of everyday life. Facebook is good for keeping in contact with old and new friends as well as family however I do use Facebook for another reason which is networking specifically for Performing Arts, with Facebook you can join groups for dancing or acting etc that will tell you when auditions are and what they are looking for. It can also tell you what kind of jobs are out there in that field a little similar to The Stage.
Facebook allows you to add people so if you are looking for a particular person or maybe a particular dance group or actor then you can search for this person providing you know the name and add them, it is then up to that person if they would want to accept so you can end up building a list of improtant contacts for your chosen profession and can build a relationship with them as well.









No comments:

Post a Comment