Monday 12 October 2009

MY CV...

Personal Statement

From the tender age of three, like majority Kids that age I could not sit still I was alway's up dancing, because of this my parent's decided that it would be a good idea to send me to a local dance and drama school called The Alberto School of Dance and Drama.
At first I attended once a week but as my passion for Ballet overtook me, my lessons increased to everyday. I had undertaken many examination's in the following disciplines such as Ballet, Tap, Modern and Jazz starting from grade 1 up to advanced 1 level in IDTA. I found that through dancing I had become more confident within myself as an person, and this gave me the inspiration to explore my creative side which lead me on to study musical instrument's.
I had started to learn to play the Piano when i was just seven year's old at first I found it really enjoyable but as time grew I found it more interesting that i was able to read note's and this enabled me to be able to compose some music which i thoroughly loved. I attained up to grade seven in Piano. When I reached secondary school for the years 7-9 I tried my hand at playing the Guitar although I did not take any exams for the Guitar like I had fro the Piano, I did enjoy expanding my knowledge for another instrument. It is only now that I have started to play the Guitar again, well actually I am teaching myself how to play the Electric Guitar and I hope that I can really excel at this. Towards the end on of teenage life, I started to learn how to play the Drums, I absoultely loved banging on this instrument and felt that whenever I was stressed out playing on the Drums gave me a great sense of relief and really let my anger out on it, I also enjoyed the rhythm's I could make up or the fact that I could play the beat for a song and just go along with the song with what I felt was right. 
After a couple of years studying academic subject's such as English or Science I was finally able to go back to studying  the subject I loved which was Dance, I had studied this at Hertford Regional College, going back to Dance was hard as my body was out of condition and I struggled to get my stamina was back (I had forget how important stamina was for any type of dance style) as well as my body aching for two long weeks. At college I picked up two new disciplines being  Contemporary Dance which is very similar to Ballet and Street-Dance (Hip-Hop). I have to say although I am glad I studied a new dance style but I did not enjoy or like Contemporary Dance and even now I still am not a fan of it. Studying Street- Dance gave me another direction to let my emotion's out and I found immense pleasure and enjoyment studying it, I achieved a BTec National Diploma with Distinction in Dance.
From there I applied for various universities to study Dance such as Lipa ( Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts), Urdang Academy, Brunel, however many of these universities had Contemporary as the core subject, which did not really interest me. I even applied to stage school but injured my knee at the audition's because of this I was forced to change paths to Drama, I studied this at Barnet College gaining a foundation degree the grade being a merit (which is equivalent to a 2:1) getting this grade has enabled me to carry onto my third year for my BA degree at Middlesex University. When I first started the Drama course at Barnet College I was a nervous wreck acting as this is not a strong point for me as I tend to hold back in area's that I personally do not feel good at. Before this point I had not really acted except in little school play's, so do it on a more professional level terrified me I even thought was this the right course for me, however during the two years of the foundation degree, I found myself  enjoying acting but I also felt that I was not that bad after all, I just needed to believe in myself a bit more. I felt that starting this course at Barnet had made me look at myself more and made me think that I should not be afraid to try new thing's, it also built up my confidence to apply for the Work Based Learning BA at Middlesex University. Although I have not done anything professional yet as in TV work or Music Video's I feel that I can handle anything that is thrown my way as long as I believe in myself. 
I am really looking forward to broaden my horizon's and knowledge within the Work Based Learning course and although I am a little nervous as I am used to my previous tutor's telling me what to do etc and I know that this course is more self driven so I will have to be self motivated, I know that our new tutor's are there to help me it is more about how you cope and tackle all your fears and getting used to doing things for yourself
I am really excited about the next chapter in my life and I do feel that anything is possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment