Friday 28 January 2011

Critical Commentary

Well I have to say that on the whole this module has not been to bad if you can get your head around what it entails when I first embarked on this journey I felt very de-motivated at times and thought to myself I cannot do this, I felt I was not properly equipped to handle this module and thought that I was being thrown into the deep end. I remember feeling how much problems am I going to have to tackle and if they occur how will I solve them everything about this module seemed very overwhelming.
After slowly getting to grips with this module I began to feel like everything was going to be ok I guess having these blogs really helped as majority of the class are on here and you can look at some of their points and perhaps understand better bits you were stuck because another student would write a point in an easier way that you tutor perhaps explained in a harder way, especially with distance learning having this sort of support even though it is in a different form has really helped me understand what I am meant to be doing hearing other people's thoughts or people venting their frustrations makes you feel like you are not alone.
With this module I feel like I went back to basics starting from the very beginning I say this because I had to learn how to research from scratch basically only because this type of research needs alot of time and effort put into to achieve your results/findings. I feel better though I really feel like I have learnt how to properly research and probably without knowing I will be using this skill for future project or even in everyday life such searching for a job , researching the pro's/con's of this job what is expected of me?, is it right for me?, you would not think that research has much to do with little things like that but yet I will probably end up applying this skill in the future.
I have to say that although I was not looking forward to this module and I was very hesitant towards it in the sense of what does this have to do with performing arts?, I thoroughly enjoyed it as I was understanding what I had to I felt myself getting more and more into it to the point where my word count was well over the limit and deciding which sentences I could do without ect was hard, but yet when I first started I did not think I would end up writing anything or that I would get my head around what I do to do.
I feel like I have now come out the other side and not am I only looking forward to researching my chosen topic I feel more at ease with what I have to do I feel I am ready and equipped to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kelly. I am looking froward to seeing your ideas on possible lines of inquiry you would like to pursue.

    ReplyDelete