Friday 28 January 2011

Learning Diary 3:

After much thought about how I was going to tackle this module I started to just note down anything that would come to my mind because any little note I made could potentially trigger a topic to write about. Even though I thought this was a good idea I still felt insecure that I was not going to be able to tackle all the things asked of me for this module and this scared me as I do not want to fail.
After speaking to Peter one of my tutors, relating all my concerns and all my fears he sat down with me and went through each point until I understood what I had to do, he sort of broke it down in a way of comparing a science experiment, he said to me that once I have my title I have to include an introduction of what I plan to write about, he said that would be followed by an aim of what I plan to get out of my research and to explain how I would go about achieving this. This can be compared to writing a method in a science project however in science I always did the experiment first and then wrote the method so once Peter had told me that I knew I was going to have to rely on the research methods being taught to us by our tutors. Finally Peter then said to me I will have to write up a conclusion on my findings from the research I had gathered, to me I thought that this could be my final thoughts on how I did and how I go the results I was looking for.
I felt so much more secure knowing that it was actually simpler than I expected and that I was putting a lot of pressure on myself making it harder for myself but when Peter broke it down for me the way he did it made complete sense to me on what I had to do. Now I was actually looking forward to getting stuck into the module and hopefully creating some good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment