Friday 28 January 2011

Learning Diary 5:

I felt so much more secure now that I had a title to aim my writing at and felt that I could actually get through this module in one piece, so now this is where the hard work begins. I would need to plan out everything that I wanted to write about and to make sure that what I was writing was relevant to my title.
I knew that this was going to be a long journey for me as I had not researched in this way before however I was looking forward to it because I knew it was going to help me in future projects. From here I knew that looking back on my notes was going to benefit me more than ever right now and i do not just mean the few campus sessions that we had-had on this module but from everything that we had learnt from the beginning of the course this included most importantly the writing styles we had to do for one of our previous modules I now understand all the work our tutors had us do beforehand was all to help us with this module and our dissertations, you see our very first module where we had to research about various subjects such as ourselves, or people that inspire us now I see can help me during this module because without knowing I had already picked up some skills about the way I research how much depth I need for a project when researching. The different styles of writing aided us to correctly write depending on how our questions are aimed or what it is I am trying to research. I did not realise at the time why I was doing these types of exercises but as I am doing this module I can see clearly how I am going to incorporate it. Now the tricky bit of finding out which types of research where going to benefit my project as there are a quite a few out there and to narrow it down to a few that I can will help me is going to be hard and I know could change at any given point depending on how my research is going for now though I am very keen to conduct interviews with past dancers that had been injured to even present dancers today, the reason that I feel this is important to my research is because it is based on real life experiences of how these dancers felt at the time the injury occurred I can see and hear very clearly their points and facts as they have been through it themselves. I know that although I do not have any ethical issues arising at the moment as I am not working with any minors or a company I still need to be careful on how I proceed and conduct the interview so I do not break any rules or codes or guides. I think that setting a boundary between yourself and the interviewee is vital as you are stating what is expected from yourself and the interviewee and both parties know where they stand and it can prevent mis- trust within the people involved and make the parities involved more comfortable with what is about to take place gaining their respect and understanding of the nature or my project for instance, My idea is not to go bully anyone into saying the perfect answers but to understand and find out the relevant answers needed for my project. Another research method I would like to use is going to be Qualitative Research this is because I feel that this type of method is suited to my project as it really is about the emotions, attitudes these dancers had when being injured this is important for me as it helps me get into the mind of these dancers and understand how hard it was for them to perhaps pull out of a show due to their injury, how they felt at the time see how the maintained themselves in order to get back to dancing, understand that they must have beliefs for them to get themselves motivated and to change their attitudes from maybe being depressed because of their injury to becoming elated as they reach their goal to dance again. I know that as I go along like I have said before I will probably include more research methods but for now I would like to concentrate on two and do them well enough as they are quite in depth research methods and I think it relates to my project more if my findings are incorrect I will then have to find different approaches and research methods in order to find out my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment